UPDATE: We’re pleased to announce that the 2019 GeoHipster calendar is available to order! Thanks to all who submitted maps for the calendar.
We’re excited to issue the call for maps for contributions for the 2019 GeoHipster calendar.
So, send us your maps!
- It should be a map (images please, they’ll be printed after all), hi-res JPG or PNG, landscape orientation, 8 inches × 10.5 inches (20.32 cm × 26.67 cm) or proportional. See the sample below.
- Please note that we will place a semi-transparent box containing author information, the GeoHipster logo, and, potentially, a calendar sponsor logo. Please consider this in your map design. If you have a preference as to which corner the box should be placed in, please note that at the time of submission.
- While we want your map to be understood, past experience has taught us that lots of detailed explanatory text may not scale well and may be difficult to read when printed in the calendar. Please consider this in your design. We are more than happy to include any such information in the write-up about your map.
- It should be a map you made (potentially with colleagues). Original work only, please.
- You should provide a couple of sentences (up to 75 words) on how it was made (tools, data, techniques, etc.).
- It should be hip!
- Email as attachment to email@example.com. Indicate how you would like to be credited. Twitter handle was the most popular last year.
- Submission deadline: 2018-11-15T23:59:59+00:00
The GeoHipster advisory board will select the winning entries. Each of the 13 finalist contributors will receive a complimentary calendar.
On the 1st of each month we will publish a mini-interview of that month’s map author, discussing the map in more detail.